Flytrex provides comprehensive, direct-to-consumer, autonomous drone delivery solutions that enable any business, from SMBs to e-commerce giants, to integrate on-demand drone delivery into their offering. The simple deployment of the Flytrex system requires only the use of a tablet and the company’s ready-made drones and cloud-based drone management system. From facilitating the regulatory process to providing warranty and maintenance, Flytrex offers an end-to-end drone logistics solution spearheading the drone revolution. Headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel the Flytrex team has 50+ years of aerospace and defense experience. Join us to be part of one of the world leaders in drone delivery!
About the Position
The Flytrex Team is looking for a driven individual that wants to join our Flight Operations and Integration Team in North Carolina as a Solution and Integration Engineer. Here at Flytrex, you will work closely with our detail-oriented team to operate the Flytrex Drone Delivery system in flight test, research and development (R&D), and commercial operations capacity.
We are looking for an individual that is motivated to change the world by applying critical thinking, sound judgment, and interpersonal skills to safely expand the Flytrex Drone Delivery System across our clients and internal needs. Here is your chance to work with a fast-paced startup in the race to using Type Certified UAS to perform Drone Delivery under CFR Part 135.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Upon successful completion of the Flytrex Training Program, you will be responsible for integration and solutions engineering for Flytrex and its clients.
- As a Solutions and Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for the safe launch and execution of commercial drone deliveries across the United States with Flytrex partners.
- Perform maintenance of Flytrex aircraft as prescribed in the company’s Unmanned Maintenance Manual.
- Ensure maintenance is completed on prescribed internals for Flytrex aircraft
- Identify preventative maintenance of vehicles that may be taken out of service prior to maintenance intervals.
- Ensure continued airworthiness of the Flytrex fleet.
- Train Flytrex staff and clients on the safe operation of the Flytrex Delivery System
- Train staff and clients with Flytrex approved courseware
- Perform On-Site client training and currency
- Perform check airman dutiesAs a Solutions and Integration Engineer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Safe operation of the Flytrex Drone Delivery System.
- Evaluating current and potential commercial delivery locations.
- Conduct mapping and aerial imaging.
- Working with our engineering team, advancing research and development of the Flytrex Delivery System.
- Performing test flights under strict configuration guidelines, advancing the durability and reliability of the Flytrex Delivery System.
- Data collection, reporting, and interpretation of flights and logs
- Identification, interpretation, and performance of maintenance on aircraft and software systems.
- Maintain safe flight operations at all times
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide customer service and support to commercial operators of the Flytrex Sky Delivery system as required
- Assist with loading and unloading, as well as the transportation by vehicle, equipment up to 50lbs to various locations as required
- Maintain a continuous improvement mentality to assist the company with the improvement of internal processes and efficiencies
- Participate in Team meetings, conference calls, training, demonstrations while remaining flexible with work hours, shift schedules, and locations
- Contribute to team accountability and success
- Performs collateral duties as assigned by the Integration and Solutions Engineer
Education and Certifications
- Desired – Hold a Part 61 PPL
- Must possess an FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Desired – Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Must have High School Education or GED Equivalent
What You Will Bring to The Team
- Must have at least 2 years of commercial UAS experience
- Must be proficient in Pixhawk and Mission Planner flight control software
- Assembly of small UAS FPV/Pixhawk builds.
- Must be able to work effectively in a highly dynamic team environment while maintaining a positive attitude, solving challenging problems, and communicating effectively
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License – Subject to driving record history check prior to employment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather including precipitation as well as hot and cold environments
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time, as required
- Relevant education, training, and experience is highly regarded
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Flytrex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
North Carolina, USA
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Carolina (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- UAS Certified Pilot: 1 year (Required)
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: